We invite you to join us for our first in-person Summer Picnic since 2019! This will be a great time to visit with old friends, make some new ones, and support our Humanist group!
Due to the pandemic circumstances, this will not be like our past picnics. This is a bring-your-own (BYO) packed lunch. You can bring a side dish or dessert to share if you want to.
Grills will be available if you bring grillables and supplies.
PLEASE NOTE: Somerset County parks do not allow alcohol.
FREE and no RSVP is required (but appreciated). Donations are also welcome!
* We have a covered pavilion so we won’t cancel due to rain.
* Everyone is asked to carry out their own trash when they leave.
* Dogs permitted, must be friendly and on a leash. Bring water and food for your dog.
* Bring your favorite picnic party or grass games and get to know your fellow Humanists.
* Bring a friend who has expressed an interest in Humanism.
* Wear your favorite freethought apparel.
* Bring your walking shoes and your bikes.
* Bring lawn chairs if you want to sit in the sun outside the shelter.
* Bring your musical instruments and a few songs to share.
* Details about park activities can be found at the park’s website.
You will also be able to join as a member or renew your membership dues at the picnic. All of our programs and other activities — including the picnic shelter reservation — are made possible by your financial support. And we thank you!
You can also join or renew now at our Membership page.
Oak Grove Picnic Area is area 4 on park map — look for NJHN signs. Parking in areas B and C.