Old York Road
Pavilion Grove Picnic Area (area 6 on park map)
One of our biggest events of the year, it’s a great time to visit with old friends and make new ones, with plenty of good food and a chance to support our Humanist group!
Picnic Menu (provided):
- Hamburgers, sausages, hot dogs, and buns (or bring your own grillables – different grill available for meatless options)
- American cheese slices
- Garnishes and condiments
- Beverages: Water (bring your own soda/tea)
- All plates, cups, napkins, and utensils
Please bring a favorite side dish or dessert to share. If your last name starts with:
- A-M: bring a hot or cold side dish, e.g., bean, potato, pasta or veggie salad, fresh veggie tray, or your favorite
- N-Z: bring a dessert, e.g., cookies, brownies, fresh fruit, pie, cake, or your favorite
PLEASE NOTE: Somerset County parks do not allow alcohol.
RSVP to Lisa Ridge at njhn.org at gmail.com or call 732-649-8984 by Friday, August 10, so that we know how much food to prepare, and indicate whether you’ll bring a side dish or dessert to share.
Adults $15 ($10 for NJHN members)
children 12-17 $5
children under 12 FREE.
You can pay at the picnic by cash, check or credit card. Checks should be made payable to: New Jersey Humanist Network.
- We have a covered pavilion so we won’t cancel due to rain.
- Dogs permitted, only if friendly and on a leash. Bring sufficient water and food for your dog.
- Bring your favorite picnic party or grass games and get to know your fellow Humanists.
- Bring a friend who has expressed an interest in Humanism.
- Wear your favorite freethought apparel.
- Bring your walking shoes and your bikes.
- Bring your musical instruments and a few songs to share.
- Details about park activities can be found at the park’s website
- Our annual Board of Directors election will be held and all dues-paying members are encouraged to participate.
The Picnic is the best time to renew your annual NJHN membership dues or become a new dues-paying member. All of our programs and other activities are made possible by your financial support. Thank you!
- Individual: $30
- Joint/Family: $45
- College Student or Limited Income: $20
You can also renew online.