NJHN News and Views was launched in February 2012 as an independent forum for socializing and discussion and the exploration of ideas especially, but not exclusively, in relation to New Jersey Humanist Network events, meetups, etc. You do not need to be a member of NJHN to join.
All users must abide by the rules, which are set out below.
Once people have registered, they are required to post at least once. The accounts of people who have registered but have not posted will be deleted after a minimum of four months from their date of registering.
Users are permitted to have one, and only one account.
- No flaming (overly aggressive or insulting posts). Personal insults aimed at other users may be deleted.
- No trolling (posting with the apparent intention of inciting hostility).
- No spamming (posting what effectively amounts to advertising with no supporting content).
- No flooding (excessive repetitive posts in rapid succession).
- No preaching (repeated exhortation to accept unsupported ideas).
- No plagiarism. If you use material written by someone else in a post, be sure to credit your source.
- No libelous or defamatory posts or posts which may be in breach of criminal or civil law for any other reason.
The administrators reserve the right to edit or remove from view any other posts or to ban from the forum any member who breaks forum rules, if their banning is deemed necessary to ensure the forum fulfills its purpose of providing a friendly environment where free discussion can take place.
The administrators reserve the right to amend these rules at any time. The administrators’ decision on any matters relating to this forum is final.